In 1998, Mizutani Foundation for Glycoscience received 97 research grant applications from 21 countries. After careful evaluation for scientific merit, potentiality and feasibility, the foundation approved 13 projects and awarded a total of \70,000,000 to them. The grantees for the 1999 fiscal year are (in alphabetical order):
- Drickamer, Kurt; University of Oxford, UK; "Role of the mannose receptor in adaptive immunity"
- Gallo, Richard L.; Veterans Medical Research Foundation, USA; "Dermatan sulfate, inflammation and wound repair"
- Gastinel, Louis N.; CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research) UPR 9039, France; "b4GalT structure/function relationships based on its crystallographic structure"
- Golard, Andre G.; Northwest Hospital, USA; "Ganglioside control of calcium channel activity"
- Habuchi, Osami; Aichi University of Education, Japan; "Purification and molecular cloning of GalNAc-4SO4 6-O-sulfotransferase"
- Kawakita, Masao; The Tokyo Metropolitan Instute of Medical Science, Japan; "Regulatory role of nucleotide sugar transporters in glycoconjugate biosynthesis"
- Le Bivic, Andr; France; "Role of O-glycans in the polarized sorting of a human neurotrophin receptor."
- Porcelli, Steven A.; Harvard Medical School, USA; "T cell recognition of isoprenoid glycolipids presented by CD1c"
- Real, Francisco X.; Institut Municipal d'Investigacio Médica, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain; "Role of sialylation in glycoprotein targeting"
- Seeberger, Peter H.; Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA; "Identification of oligosaccharide ligands for natural killer cell receptors"
- Suzuki, Kunihiko; University of North Carolina School of Medicine, USA; "Glycolipid metabolism in the pathophysiology of genetic neurological disorders"
- Thorson, Jon S.; Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and the Sloan-Kettering Division, Joan and Sanford I. Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Cornell University, USA; "Biosynthetic alterations of the calicheamicin aryltetrasaccharide"
- Toole, Bryan P.; Tufts University School of Medicine, USA; "Effects of perturbation of hyaluronan function on tumor progression"
Grantees 2013 |
Grantees 2012 |
Grantees 2011 |
Grantees 2010 |
Grantees 2009 |
Grantees 2008 | Grantees 2007 | Grantees 2006 | Grantees 2005 | Grantees 2004 |
Grantees 2003 | Grantees 2002 | Grantees 2001 | Grantees 2000 | Grantees 1999 |
Grantees 1998 | Grantees 1997 | Grantees 1996 | Grantees 1995 |
Grantees 1993-4 | Past Grantees (alphabetical order)