In 2000, Mizutani Foundation for Glycoscience received 110 research grant applications from 21 countries. After careful evaluation for scientific merit, potentiality and feasibility, the foundation approved 14 projects and awards a total of 70,000,000 yen to them. The grantees for the 2001 fiscal year are (in alphabetical order):
- Bendiak, Brad K.; University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, USA; "New NMR/derivatization methods tailored to oligosaccharide structure elucidation"
- Carlson, Steven S.; University of Washington, USA; "The keratan sulfate proteoglycan, SV2, as a presynaptic receptor"
- De Libero, Gennaro; Univerisity Hospital, Switzerland; "T cell recognition of CD1-glycolipid complexes: molecular requirements for their immunogenicity"
- Endo, Tamao; Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Japan; "Physiological and pathological changes of brain glycoproteins during aging"
- Fan, Jian-Qiang; Mount Sinai School of Medicine, USA; "Pathophysiological dysfunction of misfolded alpha-galactosidase A in Fabry disease"
- Fosang, Amanda J.; Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Australia; "Regulation of metalloproteinase activity by aggrecan keratan sulphate chains"
- Hagen, Fred K.; University of Rochester, USA; "A comprehensive functional genomics screen of glycosyltransferases in C. elegans"
- Ito, Yukishige; The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Japan; "Chemical synthesis of glycoprotein glycans as molecular probes for functional analysis"
- Maccioni, Hugo J.F.; Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina; "Golgi complex ganglioside glycosyltransferases: organization and determinants for retention"
- Mayor, Satyajit; National Centre for Biological Sciences, India; "The structural basis for the sorting and raft-association of GPI-anchored proteins"
- Moore, Stuart E. H.; Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, France; "Tools to study the fate and function of free oligosaccharides in mammalian cells"
- Stanley, Pamela M.; Albert Einstein College of Medicine, USA; "Mechanism of fringe modulation of notch signaling"
- Tanzer, Marvin L.; University of Connecticut Health Center, USA; "Cell surface calreticulin: A lectin with a role in regulating cell shape"
- Van Kuppevelt, Toin H.; University of Nijmegen, Netherlands; "Heparan sulfate sequences identified using phage display-derived antibodies"
Grantees 2013 |
Grantees 2012 |
Grantees 2011 |
Grantees 2010 |
Grantees 2009 |
Grantees 2008 | Grantees 2007 | Grantees 2006 | Grantees 2005 | Grantees 2004 |
Grantees 2003 | Grantees 2002 | Grantees 2001 | Grantees 2000 | Grantees 1999 |
Grantees 1998 | Grantees 1997 | Grantees 1996 | Grantees 1995 |
Grantees 1993-4 | Past Grantees (alphabetical order)