In 2003, Mizutani Foundation for Glycoscience received 126 research grant applications from 23 countries.
After careful evaluation for scientific merit, potentiality and feasibility, the foundation approved 15 projects and determined to award at total of 70,000,000 yen to them.
The grantees for the 2004 fiscal year are (in alphabetical order):
- Asano, Masahide; Kanazawa University, Advanced Science Research Center, Japan; "The role of carbohydrates in IgA nephropathy"
- Gabius, Hans-Joachim; Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich, Germany; "Galectins: mediators of tumor cell adhesion, migration, invasion and proliferation"
- Gu, Jianxin; Gene Research Center, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, P.R.China; "Study of the transcriptional regulation of β-1,4-galactosyltransferase and its role in cell apoptosis"
- Hama, Hiroko; Medical University of South Carolina, USA; "Role of hydroxyceramide-based glycolipids in lipid raft formation"
- Maeda, Nobuaki; Tokyo Metropolitan Organization for Medical Research, Japan; "Regulation of neural network formation by chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan, PTPξ"
- Malmström, Anders; Lund University, Sweden; "Dermatan sulfate - structure, biosynthesis and function"
- Nok, Andrew Jonathan; Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria; "Pathogenesis of trypanosomiasis: The role of Trypanosoma brucei brucei trans-sialidase/sialidase"
- Rosen, Steven D.; University of California Medical Center, USA; "Novel heparan sulfate endosulfatases and carcinogenesis"
- Stein, David S.; University of Texas at Austin, USA; "The role of O-glycosylation in specifying the Drosophila dorsal-ventral axis"
- Tomatsu, Shunji; Saint Louis University School of Medicine, USA; "Mechanism of elevation of KS for mucopolysaccharidoses and mucolipidosis"
- Tvaroška, Igor; Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovak Republic; "Development of transition-state analog inhibitors of human glycosyltransferases"
- Varki, Ajit; University of California, San Diego(GRTC), USA; "Exploring the sialobiology of the zebrafish"
- Yamamoto, Kenji; Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Japan; "Application of novel glycosylation method using endoglycosidase"
- Yu, Lu-Gang; University of Liverpool, UK; "Biosynthesis and function of cytoplasmic Orp 150 O-glycosylation"
- Yuki, Nobuhiro; Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Japan; "Molecular pathogenesis of postinfectious autoimmune neurological disease"
Grantees 2013 |
Grantees 2012 |
Grantees 2011 |
Grantees 2010 |
Grantees 2009 |
Grantees 2008 | Grantees 2007 | Grantees 2006 | Grantees 2005 | Grantees 2004 |
Grantees 2003 | Grantees 2002 | Grantees 2001 | Grantees 2000 | Grantees 1999 |
Grantees 1998 | Grantees 1997 | Grantees 1996 | Grantees 1995 |
Grantees 1993-4 | Past Grantees (alphabetical order)